Back to Listing
Financial abuse - know the signs and know there's help
30 March 2020
Managing our finances can be difficult at the best of times, but the challenges are often amplified if you’ve experienced domestic and family violence, including financial abuse.
If you are experiencing domestic and family violence
- Call 000 if you are in immediate danger.
- To access 24/7 counselling and support call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800RESPECT.
- To speak with a specialist team at Westpac who can help you manage your finances during difficult circumstances call Priority Assist on 1800 063 509.
You may have already taken the first step towards securing a better future for yourself. We understand it takes time but with support you can move forward and reclaim your life, and we’re here to help.
This series of guides from Ruby Connection, prepared by Westpac’s Davidson Institute, is designed to give you the tools and information you need to help you regain your financial independence and rebuild your life.
There are three guides in our series. Please click on the titles to read:
1. A guide to protecting yourself from financial abuse.
2. A guide to regaining your financial independence.
3. A guide to rebuilding your financial future.
For more on domestic violence, please visit Westpac for information and support.