Back to Listing
Get Smart This Autumn
16 March 2011
Another season unfolds and are you left with the same dilemma, what to wear to look stylish and appropriate at work?
How do you dress effortlessly each season without buying a whole new wardrobe?
Having too many clothes in your wardrobe is as bad as not having enough? All the bad items hide all the good items leaving you feeling you have nothing to wear!
Clear out the clutter in your wardrobe to prepare a shopping list of pieces that mix and match for the season. If you haven’t worn a garment in a year, chances are it doesn’t suit you and it should go!
What to Wear This Autumn
Look out for tailored pieces, feminine silhouettes and pops of colour in red, cobalt, burnt orange, cerise and purple. Always check the colour suits your complexion, if you are a blue based skin you will look great in cool colours like charcoal, cool pinks, reds and blues. If you are a yellow based skin you will look best in warm colours like browns, orange, yellow and lime green. Also consider if you look best in light or deep colours, and also either clear or muted colours.
Key Essentials to Consider
- Cashmere jacket or coat – Abounds in camel, great to wear if you travel by public transport.
- Trench – Always chic and stylish, go for beige, silver or black, or try red or cerise.
- Slim fitting cardigan with narrow belt for that 50’s feel.
- Ladylike dress with waist detail and knee length skirt in neutrals or red.
- Printed soft frock in subtle patterns, knee length only.
- Pencil skirt with stitching or panels in black, brown or charcoal.
- Blouse in silk or cotton with pleats or frills in ivory, cream or white.
- Tapered or waisted jacket in red, black, charcoal or camel.
Best Shoes and Bags
Step up this season in ladylike shoes and smaller structured handbags.
- Suede, leather or patent heeled pumps in black or camel, look for an elegant style.
- Subtle patterned ladylike tights to tone with your skirt.
- Shoulder satchels or a classic Chanel style bag in black, tan, grey or animal print.
Accessories are the key to pull your outfit together and here is a line-up for this season. Choose from ladylike looks, animal instinct (subtle only), red, luxe, neutrals or lace.
- Accessorise with classic and contemporary jewellery in pearls, metals or enamel.
- Wrap up with soft scarves to enhance your outfit.
- Add a touch of sophistication with tailored leather gloves or a fur collar.
The End Result
You will feel fantastic as before you had nothing to wear when in fact there are many choices.
You will have a wardrobe that really works so you will always look the part!