Back to Listing
Drop Years off Your Age Instantly!
09 May 2011
The dilemma for women today in this ‘image conscious’ age is to how to look young and modern and yet appropriate for your age.
If you show too much flesh you can look desperate and if you cover up too much you look dowdy. The key is to wear clothes that hug you in all the right places and skim over those wobbly bits.
Here are some tips to look younger just by changing the way you dress.
Discover your own personal style and alter it as you age. Remember the most stylish women today, Cate Blanchett, Princess Mary and Michelle Obama always look fabulous and so can you.
Remember that as you age your skin, hair and eyes become paler, and black although slimming is harsh on ageing skin. Learn to wear colours that flatter your skin, hair and eye colouring and will make you look healthy and full of energy.
Colour your hair to enhance your personal colouring, if your original hair colour was dark, go lighter; and if fair, add gold, caramel or honey highlights.
• Take years off your age with shorter hair and a side swept fringe as it rejuvenates your face, carries more bounce and looks healthier.
• To lift and rejuvenate your face select glasses frames that encourages attention upwards and outwards, eg. a focal point like a gold clasp at the upper, outer edge of the frame.
• Makeup can take years off your face but too much can age you. Use a foundation with warmth and dab on some blush.
• Wear lipsticks that flatter your colouring and steer clear of brown shades and matte lipsticks as they settle into your lip lines. Avoid very frosted or lolly shade lipsticks.
• Define your eyes by lining them with a soft colour and add brown or charcoal mascara. Wear a natural brow colour and avoid black eyeliner or mascara, and shiny eye shadow. Don't over pluck your eyebrows since they are less likely to grow back.
• Get a good night's sleep to avoid puffy eyes and sallow skin.
• Remember to stand up straight and confidently to look slimmer and five years younger.
The Dressing Room
Dress to suit your body shape, not what’s in fashion.
• Go for a pair of jeans that are dark in colour with a bootleg and avoid wearing skinny jeans.
• Wear the right bra and pantyhose or undergarments to support your thighs, legs and hips.
• Invest in stylish accessories to update your look and add interest.
• Round toed ballet shoes instantly age you making you look frumpy, instead wear pointy or almond shaped toes.
Taking yourself completely out of the delivery process is a big shift in how you do business, so make sure that when you start to move into a passive revenue model, that you have a team, reliable processes and systems, and the right technology. Once you have that, you need a powerful marketing machine.
Passive revenue may cause you many sleepless nights before you make money in your sleep, so make sure you have the right support, and a solid client base, before you advance to this model!