Back to Listing
Top 10 Best Development Courses on Simpliv in 2018
29 June 2018
Want to make the most of the remaining part of 2018 to further your career in web development? Simpliv, a highly reputable platform for online learning, has a bunch of courses on web development that you can take up in 2018. The thing with web development courses from Simpliv is that they are extremely competitively priced, come up from the best teachers in the industry, and are certified. So, start making your move in development courses from Simpliv in 2018, and start growing immediately!
These are the 10 best development courses on Simpliv that you can take up in 2018:
- Sikuli - Pattern-Matching and Automation: This course is about the unusual scripting/automation technology, Sikuli, which relies on pattern matching, and is available for use via Python or Java. This course will teach you how to:
- Automate data-pulls from sites and sources that block other scripting tools
- Generate alerts based on Facebook/Skype and other hard-to-detect events
- Search large PDFs for images that “look like” the one you are searching for.
- The Oozie Orchestration Framework: Oozie is like the formidable, yet super-efficient admin assistant who can get things done for you. It allows you to manage Hadoop jobs as well as Java programs, scripts and any other executable with the same basic setup, and manages your dependencies cleanly and logically. This course requires students to have basic knowledge of the Hadoop eco-system and should be able to run MapReduce jobs on Hadoop. At the end of this learning, students will be able to:
- Install and set up Oozie
- Configure Workflows to run jobs on Hadoop
- Configure time-triggered and data-triggered Workflows
- LaTeX A-Z: from beginner to advance in less than 3 hours: This course has everything about LaTeX, from downloading to typesetting a LaTeX document, importing images, including tables, working with math equations, and algorithms, including citations and many other useful topics, all of which are necessary to master the art of producing professional documents in LaTeX. You will become confident about using LaTeX, and:
- Will be able to create your own documents in LaTeX
- Will be able to create well formatted mathematical equations, algorithms, and proofs
- Will learn about different elements of creating professional documents such as how to manage references, figures, tables, footnotes, formatting, mathematical equations, algorithms, scientific proofs and many others
- Machine Learning Classification Algorithms using MATLAB: The author of this course takes learners step-by-step in one of the most interesting areas of machine learning called classification, at which he will cover the basics of MATLAB. He will show how to implement some of the most commonly used classification algorithms such as K-Nearest Neighbor, Naive Bayes, Discriminant Analysis, Decision Tress, Support Vector Machines, Error Correcting Output Codes and Ensembles. This course will help you:
- Use machines learning algorithms confidently in MALTAB
- Build classification learning models and customize them based on the datasets
- Compare the performance of different classification algorithms
- Learn the intuition behind classification algorithms
- Create automatically generated reports for sharing your analysis results with friends and colleague.
- MATLAB App Designing: This is a collection of six courses of Simpliv on MATLAB. This course includes one complete portion on creating apps in MATLAB Guide and one complete portion on creating apps in MATLAB App Designer. This course will teach you how to:
- Create apps with MATLAB graphical user interfaces using utility called guide and App designer;
- Turn your existing code into meaningful software
- Use all the graphical components necessary to make graphical user interfaces.
- Complete MATLAB Tutorial: Go from Beginner to Pro: This is yet another of the many courses taught at Simpliv by Nouman Azam, Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences. This course is meant for researchers, entrepreneurs, instructors, college students, engineers, programmers, and simulators who want to quickly create frontends for their users to run their code and projects. Benefits of this course include becoming confident in being able to:
- Use MATLAB for problem solving
- Run scripts, write code and do data analysis and visualization
- Solve equations, do math operations and manipulate matrices in diverse ways
- Formulate your own logic and convert complex problems into MATLAB code and solve them using programming skills.
- Advanced MATLAB Data Types and Data Structures: Yet another valuable course taught by Dr. Azam about MATLAB, a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language; this course is covered in seven segments: Introduction to the Course, Cell Data Type, Table Data Type, Time Table Data Type, Structures, Map Containers, and Conversion between Different Data Types.
This course will offer learning on:
- The essential and unique MATLAB data types necessary for MATLAB programming and data analysis
- Confidently using different data types and structures such as Cells, Tables, Time Tables, Structures and Map Containers
- Converting between different data types.
- Beginner’s Guide to Editor Scripting in Unity: The aim of this course is in helping you maximize your potential using the Unity editor. This course will help you accelerate your development time and customize your Unity workflow and teach you how to make Unity user friendly to your preferences, techniques and workflows. Taking up this course, you will be able to:
- Learn how to make tools in Unity
- Take full advantage of the power of Unity
- Speed up your development process
- Understand how asset store tools are created
- Get knowledge of industry-standard techniques.
- Introduction to Solving Data Problems with UNIX: This short course provides a hands-on approach to using UNIX/Linux for solving various data problems from sorting and searching to extracting and manipulating information, all without having to write codes, and with a few commands of UNIX. At the end of this course, you will clarity on:
- Remotely logging into a UNIX/Linux machine
- File transfer to a remote machine
- A basic understanding of some of the common tools useful for doing programming
- Several basic UNIX commands and utilities
- Solving several kinds of data problems using UNIX.