Back to Listing
Skills Of Creating a Drama Free Workplace, HR - 2020
13 February 2020
Workplace drama sucks the productivity out of a team or organization. It also creates an inhospitable environment where healthy people don't want to work so they leave. Good, productive people leave the organization.
In fact, the best people, the highest performers, the self-directed, the most creative, those that need little oversight, are most likely to leave. Why? So much time and effort is required to navigate through all the drama. High performers just want to get the job done, but the drama is a barrier. Managers and leaders spend way to much time trying to tamp it down, or worse, let it continue to happen, but find work-arounds.
Drama can be anywhere on the spectrum between easily seen and difficult to recognize because it is so nuanced. When it is the latter, it can be very insidious, working its way throughout the organization without raising a lot of flags, until the negative results start becoming obvious.
Because it is often so pervasive it can seem like it would be hard or nearly impossible to eradicate. Its not. Creating a drama free environment has to start with identifying that the current workplace has drama, and then making a commitment to eliminate the drama, which usually starts with understanding the benefits.
The benefits include higher productivity, more harmonious culture, which attracts and retains top talent, less leadership time spent addressing the symptoms of drama, more time developing and executing strategy.
There is no *quick fix* for a drama-filled environment, but changes can be undertaken immediately and positive results can be realized immediately. It doesn't even have to start at the top, team members can begin to transform the environment with their own commitment and actions. Although to change the organizational culture, senior management has to buy-in and commit to making changes.
This webinar details a comprehensive plan for eliminating drama in the workplace.
Why you should Attend
Do you feeling Frustrated? Overwhelmed? - with the constant Drama in your workplace. Discouraged that you can't avoid it and don't know how to make it stop?
Drama takes many forms:
- incessant gossip - its divisive and unproductive AND you wonder what they're saying behind your back
- personality conflicts that create constant tension and bickering
- people who are aggressive
- people who are passive
- people who are passive-aggressive (these are maybe the hardest to deal with)
- meetings that are supposed to be collaborative are dominated by a few individuals
- people feeling stressed and overworked
You end up feeling Irritated, Confused and even Helpless to do anything about it. Workplace drama is so ubiquitous its sometimes hard to believe its possible to have an environment with no drama.
Imagine going to work and not having to deal with all this Drama! It's hard to do, but stick with it - all those drama-filled situations that are coming into your mind right now - just remove the drama from the situation - what does it feel like?
It is possible.
The Drama Free Workplaces webinar will give you the understanding, skills, tips, techniques and tools to deal with the drama, conflict, stress, gossip, and aggression while maintaining your own sense of calm and peacefulness.
Think about it:
- How much more work you'll get done?
- How much calmer you will be, and with more energy you'll have at the end of the day?
- How much more you'll enjoy your job and going to work?
This webinar is designed for anyone who works where there is drama
Areas Covered in the Session
- A 5-step process to eliminate unproductive drama from your world
- Strategies to redirect drama
- Specific skills to address aggression, passivity and passive-aggressive words or actions
- A model to recognize the 3 roles people play to create drama and how to deal with each of those roles
- How to recognize even the most subtle forms of drama and how to nip them before they escalate
- How to elegantly declined invitations to participate in drama
Who Will Benefit
- People from all organizational levels can benefit from these strategies - The ROI for Senior People will be the highest as they have the most impact on organizational culture - CEO, Senior Exec, Leadership, Management, Supervisors