Presently, electric power has countless functions and is a primary necessity in almost everything. It’s the most important part of everyone’s life that you cannot imagine any activity without it. The task-related to electrical installation is best completed by a licensed electrician. The DIY project might lead to mistakes due to faulty wiring, especially during an electrical emergency. You should not take any risk with your electrical repairs because it can lead to some fatal injuries. Your house would come to a stop if electricity is not working properly. In such a situation, you should call an emergency electrician on finding emergency signs.
Do you know the time to call an electrical contractor? You should read this article for some important information in this regard:
1. Flickering lights on use of any appliance:
You might feel inconvenient on experiencing dim or flickering lights. The lights might flicker for a few seconds and it is a sign that there is some problem with the electricity supply. It might be due to circuit overload or wiring issues. It is not considered as a major issue but if you keep on waiting, the problem might get worst. Further, you might even have a power cut if the electrician is not called soon.
2. Frequent tripping of circuits:
You would know that the breaker box in your home takes power from the main connection and supply into the electrical channel. This system is safe due to the installed circuits in it that trips down due to the overload of the electricity. On noticing frequent tripping of circuits, check if many appliances are running at the same time. Also, notice if the same circuit trips every time. Call an electrician when the issue continues with the breaker box. Some might face the same issue as various circuits and if it is ignored electrical wiring might get damaged. Even, your expensive electronics can get affected by power fluctuation and you need to repair or replace such home appliances.
3. Burning smell:
Generally, the appliances get heated on running for a long time. But when the same gets overheated, a burning smell is noticed. The wire outlets might burn and become black due to overheating. It is a slow process, and you would notice only when foul burning smell increases. At times, you will notice brown marks on the switch or socket. It is a clear sign of a major issue. You should directly switch off and unplug the appliance to cut the power supply. Never try to inspect and try any other method to repair rather call the electrician to find the reason and undertake instant repairs.
4. Warm outlets:
You might have faced the outlet being warm when you plug any appliance and switch it on. Many homeowners ignore this issue and wait for some time before plugging it back and using the appliance. It is a mistake as the outlet gets warm when there is some issue. You should rather not use the outlet, immediately turn off the power and call the electrician for a quick check.
5. Setup in the new house:
If you are moving into a new house, you would be excited to add all the necessary appliances to make life comfortable. But make sure that the power supply is proper. Get it checked by a trusted electrician to avoid any faulty wiring damaging your appliance or property.
If you notice any of the above signs, do call an expert. He will help you in finding the cause of your electrical problems and repairing the same. You can work with the electrical wires connected to the outlet only with training and experience. Never hesitate to call a professional electrician to avoid such fire hazards.