Positively Impacting Employee Behaviour through Performance Management, Coaching &Counselling
Register for this event
- DateThu 19 July 2018
- Time1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Venue26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016
- Location26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016 Aurora NT 8001
- Ticket$$159 per person
- Table$Price for a table per table (seats Normally between 8-12)
- ContactTraining Doyens
The American Compensation Association found that companies that have implemented effective Performance Management programs:
• Have higher profit, better cash flow & higher stock value
• Benefit from significant gains in productivity
• Realize higher sales and sales growth per employee
Effective Performance Management programs can be viewed as a ‘win - win - win’ with:
Leaders finding that the approach:
• focuses organizational energy on strategic business objectives
Managers & supervisors finding that it makes it easier to:
• Talk to employees about their performance & development opportunities
• Identify & communicate what their employees should be doing
• Explain their promotion & raise decisions
Employees to a greater extent understanding:
• How to improve their performance
• Where to concentrate their personal development efforts
• The career paths that may be available
A primary reason why employees sometimes don’t do what they are supposed to do is a lack of clear communication - which can be greatly improved through well-designed and executed performance appraisals, coaching & counselling programs.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In a perfect work-world managers would provide their direct reports continual feedback. Employee feedback is key today because of the rapid changes occurring in organizations necessitating that employees continually upgrade their skills. And annual conversations do not meet this need.
However, many managers struggle with this need for ongoing coaching because of the demands on their time and some lacking the techniques that are required. Employees used to expect to work for a boss. Today they want and need a coach. They want personal and professional development and they need help to meet their goals.
Regardless of the strain on their time better managers know that performance management - including performance appraisals supported by ongoing coaching and counselling - work - and is the essence of their jobs as managers.
These better managers know that performance management:
• Establishes and clarifies expectations - research has shown that only half of employees understand clearly what is expected of them. Effective managers align employees' expectations with their responsibilities as managers and the goals of the organization.
• Provides employees with feedback on-the-spot - when they most need it to better perform to their capabilities. Employees who agree that their manager provides them timely and meaningful feedback are about 3 times more likely to be engaged.
• Creates individualized accountability - less than half of employees feel that their manager holds them accountable for their performance responsibilities. The essence of performance management leading to performance development is built on accountability.
Performance appraisals supported by daily coaching and counselling inspire employees to perform to their capabilities resulting in a win-win-win - for the organization, the employee and, not least the least of which is the manager who is building a high performing team.
• Rationale for and the Anticipated Payback from Performance Management
o Why Performance Management is Necessary in Today’s Business Environment
o The Financial Impact of Performance Management
o The ‘Win - Win - Win’ of Performance Management
• Implementing a Performance Management Program
o Three Tools Needed to Facilitate Your Appraisal Program
o How to Utilize Organizational Success Factors & Core Competencies in Performance Management
• Ongoing Coaching and Counselling - that Supports Your Appraisal Message
o Why Employees Don’t Do What They are Supposed to Do
o Why Managers Often Want to Avoid/Put Off Giving Feedback?
o The Fallacy of Putting Off Giving Feedback on Performance
o Five Techniques for Giving Feedback
o The Differences between Coaching & Counseling
o When to Coach & When to Counsel?
o Work Situations That May Require Coaching
o Work Situations That May Require Counseling
• Preparing for a Performance Appraisal Interview
o Mutually Establishing and Clarifying Expectations: Objectives and Competencies
o Using S.M.A.R.T. Performance Objectives
o Resources for Establishing and Defining Objectives and Desired Outcomes
o Reasons for Documenting Employee Performance
o Creating Achievement/Incident Files
o Utilizing the F.O.S.A. Performance Documentation Format
o Questions to Ask Yourself When Preparing for a Performance Appraisal
o Useful Information to Gather Before Starting an Appraisal
o 11 Steps to Prepare for an Appraisal Interview
• Conducting Effective Performance Appraisal Interviews
o Seven Objectives for the Appraisal Interview
o Performance Appraisal Discussion Starters
o Six Techniques for Conducting Performance Appraisals
o A Performance Appraisal Checklist for Managers:
o Personal Preparation
o Conducting an Appraisal Interview
o Closing the Discussion
o Post Appraisal Follow Up
One can easily argue that effective performance appraisals, coaching &counselling are more important in today’s business environment than ever due to:
• Escalating competition & enhanced customer expectations
• Technological changes requiring continuous skill development
• The need to maximize employees’ potential within lean organizations and have all employees focused on their job and the company's priorities
• Higher expectations of employees for career development
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Leaders, Managers, Human Resource Professions or Supervisors who want to improve their existing Performance Appraisal process and/or enhance their Coaching, Counseling or Appraisal skills
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494