Back to Listing
Gold Chains For Men – The Ultimate Guide 2017
18 April 2017
If you’re looking at gold chains for men – whether they’re a gift for a special man in your life or you’re buying one for yourself – it can be difficult to know whether you’re making the right decision or not. This is, in part, because trends and styles change over the years – what was in fashion a few years might be completely out today. This is why we have compiled a guide for 2017.
There are a number of styles to choose from; those we have outlined here are currently the most popular.
· Figaro – This style is of Italian origin and consists of several small, round links that have been interspersed with a single, long oval link.
· Rope – This is one of the more traditional and classical styles; it is made up of links that are twisted very tightly to resemble a rope.
· Curb – This style is one of the most simplest available; it is made from flat and uniform sized links. A variety of widths are available.
· Mariner – As the name suggests, the links of this style resemble the anchor chains used on boats (smaller round links to larger oval ones).
· Snake – This style has the texture and appearance of snakeskin and is made from rings fitted very close together.
Gold chains are available in 3 distinct colours. To choose which one best suits you, think about your sense of style.
· Yellow – This is the traditional colour and is quite luxurious. It is made from an alloy of gold and other metals (such as copper or zinc).
· White – This colour has become more popular. It is made from an alloy of gold and at least one white metal (such as nickel or palladium).
· Rose – This colour is less popular among men but does have a vibrant appeal. It is made from an alloy of gold and copper.
Did you know that 100% gold is actually quite soft and expensive? It is alloyed with other metals for durability and affordability.
· 24-karat (24k) – This is pure gold and is not generally used to make jewellery. It is possible, however, to find 24k plated pieces.
· 18-karat (18k) – This is 75% pure gold, which generally makes it the most expensive option.
· 14-karat (14k) – This is 58.3% pure gold, which places it somewhere in the middle cost-wise.
· 10-karat (10k) – This is 42% pure gold, which makes it the most affordable option.
We hope that the information provided above has given you more confidence in picking out gold chains for men. Whether you’re buying for yourself, a friend or a loved one, there are a number of things to keep in mind to ensure that you’re making the right choice. If you’re still having trouble choosing a chain, we recommend speaking with your jeweller for more advice.