Back to Listing
Building your resilience capability
30 November 2016
The ability to bounce back from an upset and become a stronger person because of it is often called resilience. Difficult times are something we all face. What we do and how we respond during these moments can make all the difference. Here are some ways to build resilience
- Develop supportive and caring relationships.
- Accept help and support and help others when they need it.
- Remember that some crises are beyond your control. You may not able to change events, but you can change the way you react to them and your attitude.
- Accepting that change is a natural part of life means adapting to changing circumstances.
- Try and find the silver lining in your set of circumstances.
- Consciously find ways to draw your attention to for what and to who you are grateful.
- Try to learn from your own experiences of dealing with loss, hardship or emotional problems.
- Develop positive self-talk.
- Consider the longer-term perspective and put the significance of the event in perspective.
- Stay hopeful and optimistic.
- Visualise the possible.
- Inner strength and balance are important and are derived from your own health, fitness and need for relaxation.